Independence Events Center
Q: Where is the facility located?
A: 19100 E. Valley View Rd., Independence, MO, 64055
Q: Where is the Guest Services kiosk located in the facility?
A: On the main concourse, behind Section 109
Q: How early are the doors opened before a concert or event?
A: The doors will open one and a half (1.5) hours prior to puck drop for Mavericks games.
Q: How many seats does the facility hold?
A: 5,800 capacity for Mavericks’ games
Q: How many parking spots are located on site?
A: 2,000 lit & paved parking spots
Food & Beverage Policies
Q: Is food or beverage allowed in the facility?
A: No outside food/beverage is allowed in the Independence Events Center facilities.
Q: What are the alcohol policies for the facility?
A: The Independence Events Center’s concessionaire has the exclusive agreement for alcohol at all permanent and portable concession stands.
- No alcoholic beverages can be brought into or taken out of the Independence Events Center.
- Any cash liquor services and any hosted event’s liquor services are strictly handled by the Independence Events Center’s concessionaire.
- The Independence Events Center supports responsible drinking at all times.
Americans With Disabilities Act
Q: What does the facility do to accommodate persons with disabilities?
A: All events will comply in all respects with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and regulations issued.
Q: Are animals allowed in the facility?
A: Animals are not permitted in the building unless for use by a disabled person.
Box Office and Ticketing
Q: When is the box office open?
A: Box Office hours are Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The box office is open event days from 10:00 a.m. until one hour into the event.
- The box office is located on the East side of the complex on the street level and features 7 windows.
Q: Is will call a possibility through your facility?
A: Yes, will call is available during regular Independence Events Center Box Office business hours and during events. Guests must present a photo I.D. to pick up tickets.
- Tickets must be left under the name of the person who will pick them up.
- If there is a need to change the name, the person who left the ticket must do so or the authorized pick up person must do so in person.
Q: How can I get tickets for a group of 15 or more?
A: Group discounts are available for Mavericks’ games. Call the Mavericks front office at (816) 252-PUCK (7825) to book your group tickets.
Cameras and Recording Devices
Q: Are cameras and electronic devices allowed?
A: As a general rule, no professional cameras or recording devices of any kind are permitted inside the Independence Events Center. This is subject to change on an event-by-event basis.
Q: Does the Independence Events Center have access to First Aid services?
A: The First Aid office is located on the Main concourse, behind section 118.
- First Aid services are required at the time doors open, during, and one-half hour after show hours for all events.
- All public events are subject to staffing with such emergency medical personnel as an equipped paramedic, an EMT and/or ambulance service.
Q: Can I print and hand out flyers and brochures at the facility?
A: No. Distribution of any printed materials or selling of any items is prohibited on the Independence Events Center grounds, including the parking lots, walkways, and inside the Independence Events Center.
Q: Where is Guest Services located?
A: Guest Services is located behind Section 109, and is open from the time the doors open until the conclusion of the event.
Q: What policies are in place to ensure that fans have a great experience?
A: Guests interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the event may be subject to ejection.
- Guests using foul or abusive language or inappropriate or unacceptable gestures may be ejected from the Independence Events Center.
- Guests appearing impaired may be ejected from the Independence Events Center and turned over to the authorities.
Lost and Found
A: Any items that have been lost or found should be reported to the Guest Service Desk located on the main concourse, behind section 108. Guests may call 816-795-7577 during normal business hours to inquire about lost and found items.
Q: Where can I find someone who has been lost?
A: Guest Services located on the main concourse, behind Section 109.
Q: How long will Guest Services be open?
A: Guest Services is staffed from the time doors open until an event ends and the arena is clear.
Q: Can I sell certain novelty items in the facility?
A: No. Independence Events Center reserves all novelty rights, including but not limited to: programs, novelties, tobacco products, conveniences, librettos, records, tape recordings, souvenirs, and checkrooms.
No Re-entry Policy
A: No. Once a patron leaves the Independence Events Center during an event, there is no re-entry permitted unless another ticket is purchased.
Q: What items are restricted in the facility?
- Aerosol cans
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Animals (except certified service dogs for the disabled)
- Beach balls and other inflatables
- Bota bags or wine skins
- Bullhorns, airhorns, or noise makers
- Cameras or recording devices (varies by event)
- Fireworks, firearms, or other weapons
- Glass bottles or aluminum cans
- Ice chests (coolers) or thermos containers
- Laser pointers
- Outside food or beverage
- Skateboards or roller blades
- Sticks or clubs (including signs attached to sticks)
- Stools or folding chairs
- Water bottles or mugs
Management reserves the right to ban any additional items at their discretion.
Q: Where are the restrooms located in the facility?
A: Restrooms are located throughout the facility and they are all accessible to patrons with disabilities.
Signs & Posters
Q: What are some restrictions in dealing with the posting of signs and posters?
- No adhesive backed (stick-on) decals or similar items may be distributed or used in the building.
- No fliers or handouts will be distributed outside or inside the facility without prior approval from the General Manager.
- No posters, playbills or any other signage can be taped, stapled or affixed to any surface in the building.
Q: Is smoking allowed in the facility?
A: Smoking is not permitted inside the Independence Events Center. Designated smoking areas are provided for certain events. Smoking by patrons or exhibitors in any area of the Independence Events Center is strictly prohibited by City Ordinance.