Organization of the Night
How Organization of the Night Works:
The Missouri Mavericks are offering your organization the opportunity to raise awareness for your mission, promote upcoming events, and generate funds for your cause! This opportunity, available at all 36 regular season home games for the 2016-2017 season at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, is only offered to nonprofits operating as a 501(c)(3) organization.
What the program includes:
- Beneficiary of game night’s Chuck-a-Puck program
- A minimum of 30 fundraiser tickets to resell to friends, family, and support group; organization makes up to $7 per ticket sold.
- Table space on concourse, next to Chuck-a-Puck table, to distribute literature, grow your contact/mailing lists, and promote your organization
- Pre-game 30 second video clip to be played on the in-arena video boards highlighting your organization (video content provided by organization) or pictures to display on in-arena boards accompanied by PA read
- 2nd period intermission radio interview with Missouri Mavericks radio broadcast. Broadcast is available on-air through the official Mavericks mobile app, and online application.
- Organization will be mentioned in PAs throughout the game, as the beneficiary of Chuck-a-Puck
What is Chuck-A-Puck?
Chuck-A-Puck is a fun and unique contest at the start of the second intermission during Mavericks hockey games. Fans who have purchased a numbered foam puck will throw their puck towards a can, banners, or other indicated targets in the center of the ice. The pucks that go in the can win a cash prize that grows in value each night.
Criteria for Chuck-A-Puck Sellers:
- Must be a non-profit organization
- Minimum of six (6) fully engaged workers, maximum of 10
- Six members of the group must be age 18 or older
- Group must report to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena Box Office two (2) hours prior to game
- Adhere to the guidelines set forth in the Frequently Asked Questions provided to group upon scheduling
Register your organization now:
- For more details or to register your organization for this opportunity contact Tim Vieira, Manager of Community Relations - firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 799-0102.
PLEASE READ! Even if your non-profit has run the Mavericks Chuck-a-Puck promotion in the past, this will help you make even more for your organization:
- Make Sure ALL Your Sellers Promote Your Organization —Yell it out and let fans know that you represent a great cause, and that purchases of pucks will go to help your cause!
- Wear Fun Clothing that Represents your Charity or Cause—Our “record breaking” charity wore colorful skirts and hats that had their organization’s information on it—they were interacting with fans and making them take notice of the charity and the Chuck-a-Puck promotion
- TELL THEM ABOUT THE CASH!—We have upped the minimum amount that fans can win to a minimum of $500 at EVERY GAME—Make sure all your volunteers are getting fans to know just how much they could win!
There are two major reasons why fans buy pucks:
- For the cash prize and other prizes!
- To generate proceeds for the charity selling pucks.
Be LOUD and PROUD about both the prizes and your cause and you will sell more pucks!
8 - 2 W
3 - 5 L
1 - 2 L
3 - 2 W
3 - 5 L